But this is The Turnip household basic pancake recipe. I've fortified it with some superfoods to make it good for you!
What you need:
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 2 tbsp bran flakes
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp oil (I like the subtle taste of rice bran oil)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk (or coconut-almond milk), or more if you like your pancakes more crepe-like
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Add in wet ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Heat pan on medium heat. Lightly oil. I use olive oil cooking spray.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter in pan.
- Flip over once bubbles start forming on surface.
- Serve with maple syrup or runny honey, blueberries, and anything else that makes you happy!
- You can make up the batter the night before and add a little milk just before cooking.
- Sometimes I make bespoke pancakes for the family, just for the fun of it. Just spoon out batches of batter into smaller bowls and add in any ingredients you like! Example: fresh blueberries; chocolate chips + apricot pieces; grated cheese; rolled oats.